What if you get to know about a walker that develops your baby's simultaneous growth besides being a traditional walker?
Multi-functional walkers have emerged over the years and have been highly popular due to their excellent value for the price.
When I saw my little one crawling for the first time and trying to hold something to stand up, I immediately thought of setting her up on walkers. And guess what, I found this Vtech sit to stand learning walker, which grew with my child. It became my baby's fantastic companion from crawling, trying to stand up, and balancing while walking.
Though it flaunts magnificent reviews on different e-commerce sites, I thought of sharing my firsthand experience to spare your share of time researching and finding the best one in the market.
Vtech sit to stand learning walker Reviews
Backed by the award-winning brand Vtech with four decades of legacy, this walker comes out to be the best product among the collection. Jam-packed features, safety options, and other age-appropriate attributes ensure the children's proper development (both physically and mentally).
The most incredible part is the detachable play panel. It comes with music including 5 piano keys and sound, light up, shape sorters buttons, spinning rollers, and pretend telephone handset. All these have an educational impact and enhances the motor skills of your child.
They were formed with three spinning gears and wheels, which can be controlled with a 2-speed control. Even to ensure utmost safety and flexibility at a time, the wheels can even be locked. Highly durable material tolerates the hardest banging and rough usage by children.
This baby walker's heart is its convenience and versatility. It does not serve a specific range; instead, it covers a broader age range (9 months to 3 years). Whether your children can only sit or are already pro at walking, it serves them all. Babies who cannot walk yet may sit and play with the removable panel, and walking babies can enjoy both the walker and play panel facilities with toys.
My personal rating to this Walker is 4.5 out of 5
Quick Product Specifications Table
16.5 x 14.2 x 18.1 inches
Multi shades of color
Manufacturer recommended age
9 to 36 months
2 AA batteries
Activity/play Panel Includes
Carpeted and Hard Floors
The User Guide
Though the walker seems to be very easy to use and assemble, a little knowledge wouldn't harm anyone, would it?
The Packaging Includes
- One main walker body
- One electronic play/ activity panel
- One telephone handset
- Two legs with wheels
- One walker handle
- One user's manual
Step by Step Vtech Sit To Stand Learning Walker Assembly process
1. Battery Installation
- Turn off the unit
- Find out the battery cover at the back of the removable play panel. Either use a screwdriver or coin to loosen the screw.
- Place the batteries, preferably alkaline battery for optimum performance.
- Turn the screw tight once the batteries are placed.
2. Assembly Process
- There is a slot in the main walker body to insert the legs. Place the legs into the sort and let the wheels face outwards.
- Put the handle in the same way, into the slots, and wait for it to click in.
3. Attaching/ Detaching the Activity Panel
- The activity panel is attached through the lock placed above the volume control switch. Users need to place the activity panel's bottoms and the main walker body and wait until they both get attached through the lock.
- To remove the activity panel, slightly slide the lock and pick up the panel gently. And you are all done.
- It comes with dual functional attributes; an activity panel loaded with toys for a child's overall growth and floor play, and a walker.
- ON/OFF switch available
- Built-in Auto Shut Off technology shuts the walker after 60 seconds without any inputs. Again gets turned on by the next input.
- The volume control switch controls the volume.
- 2 adjustable wheel position is available. The first position is stiffer and targets the babies who are new in walking. The wheels remain stiffer and do not move quickly. The second position aims at skilled walkers, and the wheels are less rigid.
- The activity bar is loaded with several fun options and toys that develop the children's motor skills and entertain them.
Care and Maintenance
- Better not to expose it to water, moist, high heat, or direct sunlight.
- Put the batteries off while not using the walker.
- Please keep it clean by wiping with a slightly damp cloth. Users can also use a dry cotton cloth.
Things we like
- The educational and easy to remove activity keys with shape sorters and colorful light-ups let the child understand the shapes, colors, animals, and sizes.
- The music system with different piano keys allows one to understand the patterns of sounds and even animal sounds.
- A dummy door opens and closes, and parents can teach their little one the term "open and close" through this door.
- Pretend telephone handset is the Center of attention for any toddler, thus provides immense fun and entertainment to babies.
- The adjustable position ensures the utmost safety and eliminates any chance of accidents.
- It comes with a study material which makes it durable and can be passed on from older to younger siblings.
- The music beats with different piano keys are great for little ones with Rhythmic Movement Disorder. The beats soothe their mind and can make them comfortable.
- The walker improves the overall growth of the children and develops skills to walk. It also plays a great role in advancing motor skills.
Things could be better
- Too many options on the activity panel can be confusing for a baby.
- A music system with a loud sound can annoy parents.
- The pretend telephone handset does not come with cords and has chances to be lost easily.
Buying Guide: What Features to Look for In a Baby Walker?
While searching for a baby walker for my kid, I went through several reviews on the internet. I tried and tested many of them and finally was able to sort out the must-have features. The following segment focuses on the guide to help you invest in the best baby walker.
Built Quality and Material
The construction and material are fundamental to prevent accidents and break-offs. High-quality plastics that come with zero exposure to toxic elements can be considerable. The structure should be sturdy enough to hold babies' weight.
Comfort is, again, an imperative feature. The baby walkers with padded seats are incredibly comfortable for the babies. Again lightweight and spacious baby walkers are proven to more relaxing to the children. Children mostly avoid uncomfortable seats; thus, the seat should be comfortable enough so that babies learn to walk easily.
You cannot end up buying a new walker every time you go out. Thus you must invest in something that can be carried easily. Compact and lightweight walkers are quite portable.
Most of the walkers suit a wide age range (9 months to 3 years). Within the months and years, children grow up. The walker height must be adjustable; otherwise, you may need to buy a new one every time your babies grow an inch. Adjustable height is necessary.
Though a compact walker is great for storage, it must be comfortable to the baby. The base must be spacious enough so that the baby can fit in easily.
Baby walkers with entertainment value are like your black diamond. These walkers grab your baby's attention with multiple toys. Children are more attracted to these walkers due to colorful toys and fun sound systems. As a result, they learn to walk quite faster. These fun toys can add educational value as well.
For obvious reasons, baby walkers come in different price ranges. It would help if you took care of the fact that you are not paying extra. Do a little research and get your hand on something which comes with all the necessary features yet is not very heavy on your pocket.
The safety of your little one is an essential feature that a walker must-have. Some baby walkers come with belts, a lock system, and even a mechanism that prevents falling from the stairs. Look for such features so that you can be relaxed while your child is on the walker.
Speed control provides more grip to your children while they try to walk. Adjustable speed control in any walker is vital. It prevents the children from hitting the wall due to a lack of speed control.
Vtech sit to stand learning walker was quite influential to my child's walking skills and played a substantial role in developing overall cognitive growth.
Being a practical user, I highly recommend this walker. Do bless your little one with this fantastic toy come, baby walker, to add fun to their walking trials.
Let me know how much positive growth you notice on your child after getting this baby walker?