Are you searching for the best toy to keep your baby entertained? Getting an Exersaucer or Jumperoo might be your answer. Many parents often get confused about the difference between Exersaucer and Jumperoo.
Shortly, The Exersaucer is a stationary activity center where your baby bounces and can play. Most of them come with some built-in different toys or activities for your baby to do, such as a piano keyboard.
On the other hand, a Jumperoo is more like an infant swing, where the baby swings as they sit within it. Both of these baby walkers have so many toys for helping with mental stimulation and developing motor skills in your little one!
This article will briefly discuss Exersaucer vs Jumperoo and some of the best models. There are some similarities but also a lot of major differences.
These include design, features, and price points, which we will explore more in-depth shortly!
Exersaucer or Jumperoo: Which is the best option for me?
- In Exersaucers, the baby bounces up and down, secured by elastic straps. In Jumperoos, they swing from side to side.
- In Exersaucers, a baby must be able to hold his own head up before he uses it. If not, Exersaucers have a five-point harness system that keeps your baby safe while using this product.
- Jumperoos, on the other hand, do not require any age restrictions until you consider height, as some models state max weight at 25 pounds or 35 or even 40 lbs. So always check for details about the maximum recommended weights of each specific model!
- Exersaucer is made of hard plastic, making it difficult to move from room to room or take on trips unless it comes apart easily in an Exersaucer travel bag. Jumperoos usually come with a durable frame so that you can use them anywhere!
- Most models of Jumperoos do not take any assembly, while Exersaucers do require at least some assembly.
- Jumperoo has a soft seat pad, and Exersaucers seats are hard plastic. So your baby sits in Jumperoo for extended periods without getting uncomfortable from sitting on an Exesaucer that has no padding!
- Exersaucers come in more neutral colors, while bouncers usually feature bright primary colors with fun shapes to keep babies engaged.
- Which one is expensive, Exersaucer or Jumperoo? Both cost between $50 and $100.
The Exersaucer is an excellent toy for your baby to play with and develop some motor skills. It has an activity table that stimulates the baby’s senses and encourages the baby to learn new motor skills like standing, walking, or reaching out.
The Exersaucer offers new parents a safe environment for their little ones while they are busy cooking dinner, bathing another baby, or answering emails without worrying about where the baby will end up!
Often compared to the Jumperoo (which we’ll talk more about in detail below), both Exersaucers and jumpers provide sensory enrichment at home. However, Exersaucers typically offer more activities than simply jumping around on springs, which many babies tend not to enjoy as much after some time.
The Exersaucer is great for babies who are too big to be in their car seat but can’t really sit up on their own yet.
Best 3 Exersaucers Models
Evenflo Exersaucer Activity Center
Evenflo Exersaucer Activity Center is used for all babies. It has a special design and parts that can be changed. The baby develops his skill by exploring new things in these toys with different activities.
There are colorful electronic toys, lights, sound buttons, etc., to keep your baby engaged. This product has features like a height-adjustable stand, so you don’t have to worry about its compatibility with your living room furniture structure.
- Multiple activities with music, flashing lights, and sounds.
- Height adjustable stand, so you can use it as per your baby’s growth.
- The seat pad is made out of thin fabric and machine washable in cold water.
- It consists of engaging toys, and all the toys are removable for the babies to play around with them easily.
- Can be used for all the babies.
- Height adjustable so it can fit in front of your TV set, couch, or any other furniture with ease.
- All the toys are removable, and babies can play around with them easily by holding their hands on the toys’ handlebars provided to keep them safe.
- Some people may find it expensive.
- The only drawback is they are not available everywhere.
Tiny Love 4-in-1 Exersaucer
Tiny Love is a baby’s development center that promotes child development through activities and plays. Tiny Love has very high-quality products with exceptional features so that you can customize your purchase according to your needs.
- It is made of high-quality plastic materials and can hold up to 50 pounds without any issue.
- This Exersaucer has three different height adjustments so that you will be able to adapt the product according to your baby’s needs as he grows older.
- You also have four lockable wheels that provide stability on all types of floors, including hardwood areas such as parquet flooring or tiles.
- In addition, consider its deep-dish seat designed for extra comfort and safety while helping keep your baby from escaping from his chair accidentally. This helps stay away from injuries related to falls onto surfaces where they might get hurt badly.
- The toy tray comes fitted with a pile of extra toys to keep your baby entertained, so he will not get bored.
- This Exersaucer is recommended for babies from birth up until they reach 25 pounds or can sit unassisted. And that means the Exersaucer has an average lifespan of about four months or a maximum duration of six months.
- It also includes soft activity musical toys stations and a play tray with lights.
- The seat pad is machine washable in cold water (30 °C).
- The product dimensions are approximately 32 x 20 x 40 inches; it weighs 18 pounds when packed. Therefore, you do not need any additional tools to assemble the different toys once delivered.
- You should expect some minor assembling required, though, since most parts come already put together, only requiring you to snap them together.
Skip Hop Baby Activity Center
Skip Hop Activity Centers are designed for baby’s development from ages six months to two years. It is safe where babies can sit and play with the toys attached or stand up to participate in tummy time activities.
The saucer-shaped seat is supported by four legs that snap open easily when it’s time for your baby to enjoy the entertainment! This activity center features an engaging toy tray with plenty of fun things to do and is made of solid wood. It has colorful spinning beads, jingly leaves, peek-a-boo bear mirror, textured teethers, and soft plush frog friend, and so on.
- Made of solid wood for durability and safety.
- The seat is perfect for resting, playing, or an infant baby learning to stand up with support from mom or dad. And the seat pad is machine washable.
- Easy snap connectors make assembly a breeze! When it’s time to go, the legs fold in quickly and conveniently without pinching fingers. Thanks to their clever design that includes a buttonhole feature – having an easy storage benefit too.
- The saucer has two heights adjustable through the use of three different positions.
What is the weight limit of an Exersaucer?
There is no definitive weight limit for an Exersaucer. The standard among most manufacturers of baby items is between 15 and 25 pounds.
However, some products have a lower or higher maximum weight capacity than that number.
For example, the Fisher-Price Baby’s Discover n Grow Jumperoo has a 20-pound maximum weight limit, while the Lamaze Musical Inchworm supports babies up to 30 pounds in its sturdy frame.
According to physical therapists, it depends on your baby’s size and how much they weigh at any given time. So I suggest doing some research before purchasing this product.
In the matter of Exersaucer vs Jumperoo, a baby jumper is made of plastic. They’re effortless to clean (you only need a damp towel), and your baby will love them!
They offer tons of fun: babies jump happily in these while playing with interactive toys hanging from overhead arches or spinners on activity trays.
Some models have options to take off the tray table or play pen, which has a lot of activities like light-up buttons that play music, spinning gears, or even an electronic phone handset, just to name a few.
Some Jumperoo has interactive features such as mirrors that allow your baby to see herself during playtime. Also, there’s plenty of swinging & jumping motion, so it’s like they’re having fun in a little playground and practicing motor skills!
Best 2 Space Saver Jumperoo
Fisher Price Woodland Friends Spacesaver Jumperoo
Fisher Price comes with a broad range of baby products. Woodland Friends Space Saver Jumperoo is similar to a stationary activity center. But it has spring-like bands that allow the baby to jump up and down.
The product comes with three height adjustments that can be used as your baby reaches high and gets older. It also features electronic toy stations, mobile with lights, sounds, music which will engage your little one for about five minutes of playtime before they start jumping again!
This Springfree Trampoline also works without batteries, so you don’t have to worry about changing them all the time! If you need help assembling, check the Fisher Price website. Detailed instructions on how to do this task quickly are there.
Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo
Are you looking for an activity center where their baby can play while jumping? Then Fisher Price Woodland Friends SpaceSaver Jumperoo will be the best choice for you.
This way, kids get entertained by two overhead toys, and most parents do not have to worry about their baby’s safety since Fisher Price has a secure door guard that helps keep your baby inside the Jumperoo safely.
Parents should adjust the height level correctly so that babies or toddlers don’t hurt themselves by falling off from this great activity center.
- The product is very engaging because it has an activity center that provides entertainment by playing up to 12 different songs, sounds, and phrases.
- Fisher Price also comes with a removable toy bar which you can easily attach or detach within seconds based on your baby’s mood.
- The seat pad of the Jumperoo is machine washable, so there are no issues in keeping this excellent fun time activity center clean.
- Moreover, if parents want their kids jumping, then they should just adjust the height levels since it has three adjustable heights suitable for growing babies.
- The maximum weight capacity is 33 pounds.
Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends Activity Jumper can be a good choice too.
What is the weight limit of Jumparoo?
The weight limit for one jumper is 60 pounds. It can carry up to three kids at once, although the upper amount seems to be 50 pounds or so. The maximum height of Jumparoo is 65 inches tall, and you need a good bit of space in your yard/home to use it properly.
What is the age limit of Jumparoo?
The age limit of Jumparoo is 18 months. As I mentioned before, It can hold children up to 60 pounds in weight, which means it will be suitable for most 12-18-month-olds. However, it also depends on your baby’s size. Some kids are big for their age, while others are small.
You should check if your baby fits into this seat before buying one. Age gives you a general guideline but doesn’t always tell you what’s suitable for your baby specifically!
Also read: Top 7 Best Baby Jumper Walker Combo
Exersaucer or Jumperoo: What should I buy?
Exersaucer vs Jumperoo both have their pros & cons. The best choice for a new baby is to buy one of each, so you can use them at different times or even in combination! At least I sought help from both of these while raising my four children.
My daughter loves Exersaucer, while my son preferred the Jumperoo because it has a lot more bells and whistles. But I had to pay more for Jumperoo. It’s great if your little one loves music because various toys hang from all sorts of strings that play songs when touched. There is also an option on most models to plug in your MP-player with speakers (though not all).
On top of this, some models vibrate and bounce as well – which may ease any reflux issues baby might be having while sitting up unassisted too early without good head control yet.
But on the other hand, other parents might prefer a simpler model more suited to your baby’s tastes or needs. All in all – Exersaucer or Jumperoo are both great options that will provide hours of entertainment for your baby while doing your baby’s muscle development and encouraging early motor skills development!
Can my 3 month old baby use a Jumperoo?
They can use a Jumperoo. Although the baby’s muscles may need to be supported in the beginning, that is okay! The baby should still get plenty of physical exercise, and it could even help them learn how to sit up on their own (for those babies who aren’t there yet).
So yes, your infant can use a Jumperoo! It’s a nice way for them to get some exercise and keep their bodies developing. It may even help babies learn how to sit up on their own!
How do you know when the baby is ready for Jumperoo?
It’s all about self awareness. You know when the baby is ready for Jumperoo by observing child developments. The infant needs to hold up their head and maintain an upright position before introducing them to this toy. In addition, they need more control over their leg muscles and neck muscles to prevent getting hurt while bouncing or spinning around inside.
How long can a baby stay in a bouncer?
Babies can spend as long as they like in a bouncer. However, short periods like no more than 30 minutes per session are good, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). This is to protect children from potential dangers.
And there you go. You know everything about Exersaucer vs.Jumperoo now. So, which one do you wish for your baby, Exersaucer or Jumperoo? Whichever it is, I hope this article made it easier for you to decide which one to choose for your baby. Happy parenting!